Monday, January 19, 2015

Rain drops !!

Today morning , I woke up to the rhythm of rain drops falling on to my window and you won't even guess how glad I was , in fact still am! I came out from my blanket and stood by window and could see the rain and wind romancing and people coming to the masjid for morning prayer in rain , may be they were also thanking God for the showers in today's morning prayer ,like I did !

The whole picture made me nostalgic and glad! It reminded me of my beautiful childhood , the beautiful school days and college days( though college days were not as beautiful as school days) ! During Monsoons I would be waking up to cloudy mornings, whole night it was raining and the sky might be taking a break ! It would be so cloudy and dark that we have to switch on lights to locate things and there won't be electricity as its Monsoon and KSEB can't find any better reason for no power!! After getting ready I will go to umma in kitchen where umma will be cooking breakfast and she would be very warm and I used to hug her and say umma is so warm and am feeling cold and she used to reply yeah coz am cooking near the stove and you were sleeping under the blanket ! Then I will have hot sambar and idly and black tea,by then my friend Reshma would have come to join me to tuition centre!

Then we both will walk to the tuition centre ,taking the umbrella which Pappachi folded so neat and clean! By the time we reach the Iruvazhinji bridge the rain would come rushing to hug us!! The rain drops, the wind and the innocence of childhood together make it awesome feeling! The only thing we hated is the vehicles passing by us which might splash the muddy water on us !

Inside the classroom everyone will be wet and feeling cold! We all put our umbrellas as a tent and in lower grades we used to sit inside those umbrellas just as we sit inside a tent! We sit so close that we can feel warm again by the time teacher comes! And by noon we all will be dry and warm , but then there comes lunch break! I used to have lunch from "Tharavadu" along with cousins ! So me , my friend and neighbour Hava will go home to have lunch so we used to get additional rain ! And ofcourse when we go back home as well it's raining !!

So our school days and childhood are always connected to the rains and monsoons!! The smell of uniforms which won't have enough time to be dry and the wet floors of classrooms , the wet school bags and tiffins , everything around and everything under the sun wet , still we all felt very warm and that's the magic of rain in childhood !!

Miss those days !! But Thank God the Dubai rains reminded me of all those beautiful things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment