Thursday, March 9, 2017

On this woMen's Day!!

On this women's day, I want to appreciate,acknowledge and treasure some men in my life!! Yeah you heard it right! A few good men who really make a few lucky women life worth,beautiful and lovely.

To start with my Pappachi! As I already have a blog posted for him, most of the readers(regular) would know about him in detail. Still if I start to write or tell about my Pappa I wouldnt stop for I cant stop! I have seen my Pappa cook,when Umma is sick. My Pappa still washes his cloth, he is the one who irons Umma's sarees, he used to iron my uniforms too while Umma would be busy in the kitchen. He used to pack my lunch when Umma would be taking a shower. He packs the bag for Umma whenever she leaves for some camps,or to meet her parents or relatives back in Edappally. To end it with..if Umma needs something done even now..at this age of 65 she would call Pappa who is 75 inspite of me ,my elder brother or Sister being home!

I have seen this empathy,care,love in all of my Pappa's siblings too.My late Moothappa Ali was called Uppa by his children but where as they themselves declare "to the world you were our father,but in our world you were both father and mother". I have never seen any daughter in law missing her father in law so much after his demise like Shahanaztha did for Ali moothappa when he died.And how wouldnt she! He was so sweet. And he and Shahanaztha used to cook together and Shahanaztha took care of him while he was bed ridden like own daughter. So my Pappa and his siblings had made me believe that all the men and husbands would be so! Which the world proved me wrong soon after I left my home!

And its true that change begins from home. My Pappa being a role model,my brother has also inherited many of his charecterics. I have seen my Dada washing his cloth,washing his dishes when he is done eating,cleaning his room and now when no sisters at home the whole house as well.

Then I have seen my Deedi's (sis in law) Pappa,who is the same like my Pappa. Who gets up first and starts cooking because Deedi's Ummi is a chronic asthma patient and she would be suffering in the cooler mornings in Bangalore.Until now if Ummi isnt well Pappa gets up and starts the house chores . Later I saw another man who was my cousin sister's father in law. Her mother in law was bed ridden when she got married.  I could see her only once and all she did was cry..unable to speak even,what else she could do. I was thinking its my cousin Fousi who takes care of her mother in law. But to my surprise she said no its Vappa,he wouldnt allow anyone else to do her things and will spend his whole time with her..never leaves her side! He bathes her,feeds her,cleans her room and what not! And the thing which made me cry was she died 2years back and the night she died he had a stroke..was hospitalised for 2 days and died. My cousin's husband was crying that he lost both within 4 days..but I was overwhelmed how can a man love his woman so much!

And after my marriage, I came across many sayings that a man shoudnt do any house chores, shouldnt help his wife or kids,shouldnt take care of his kids..not even brush their teeth. My Pappa used to brush my teeth! And so and so..! And the thing which I found funny was that they think if a man does this he would be declared the wife and the wife a husband! The life in those families is around the wife,the mother alone. Father or men in family meant only for income. No wonder why the kids are attached only to mothers. Me and my siblings and cousins are very much attached to our fathers..and very fond of them. But my husband is attached to and fond of his mother. He talks to her whenever he calls home. If he wants to tell something to Vapa he tells Ummachi and she is the mediator between them. I find it very funny . But cant blame them for Vapa was always been a father, a dominant male of the family. Where as I always talk to my Pappachi and need him to do some small little things for me even if I am so grown up,married off and has my own kid same with my siblings.

Final note..I call them gentlemen who are gentle to everyone around them. I call them super heroes or heroes to whom we ask for help every each day. And thats what heroism and my Pappa will always be my super hero! Thank you to all those few goodmen for making me believe that this world is not that bad!!
 മീശ പിരിക്കലും, മുണ്ടു മടക്കികുത്തലും, താടി തടവലും, പെണ്ണിനെ ആക്ഷേപിക്കുന്ന സംഭാഷണങ്ങളും മാത്രം കണ്ടു വളർന്ന ലാലേട്ടൻ ,മമ്മൂക്ക ഫാൻസായ ഭൂരിഭാഗം മലയാളികൾക്കും ഇത് മനസ്സിലായികൊള്ളണമെന്നില്ല!

No comments:

Post a Comment