Monday, August 15, 2011

Amazing Manaliiii !!!

So,with the fever,vomitting and very weak physical health...we,started off to Kulu- Manali..by road..but sad that I couldnt enjoy the drive,as I was getting weaker..and I vomitted the half apple which I managed to eat as breakfast..and the temperature was raising..but the road to Manali ,kept me going..the scenic beauty of India can take your breath away.We saw the apple trees,the anar trees..and the beautiful,clear river ...on both sides of the road..people were river rafting in between..because of my weak physical condition I missed that opportunity..InshaAllah next time..we could see many army vehicles on our way to Manali..they were troops ,who were going to Leh,Ladakh etc..to protect us , I was thinking how can they fight,in such a freezing weather..how are they surviving even there..the patriotism,the attitude to never give up may be..really felt like saluting each and every soldier of Indian Army.Jai Hind.

We reached Manali,afternoon..the hotel again was beautiful,was located in a great,location too.The view from the room was beautiful..we could see the Himalayas..and I was feeling the cold even :-).Thought will take rest,the rest of the day as I was very weak and was shivering..swallowed 2-3 paracetamol and went to sleep.But the temperature kept on raising,according to my hubby..I was so hot that he couldnt even touch me :p. So we decided to consult a doctor.And we got a cab from hotel itself and the cabby took us to a hospital in the mall road. We went to the emergency section..there were5-6 patients already admitted in the casuality..a nurse came and asked me what happened and all...she checked the temperature,and bp..and said fever is there..101 degree ..then my hubby told her that I am not eating anything..is vomitting even water..and all..by the time the doctor came,a young guy,who looked like Virat Kohli..he was doing his internship I think..anyways he is a junior doctor..he also did the same things..asked me when I got fever..I said almost 4 days back..then he scolded me..and you are coming now..you took any medicine he asked..I said yeah I had some paracetamol etc from the hotel itself..he was laughing..and told the nurse..achcha tho abhi hotel wala bhi treatment shuru kiya..tho hum kya karenge idhar !He advised me to have proper food..to take rest..to keep away from cold..and he prescribed me an injection..and a box full of tablets...I was so weak to speak..otherwise I could have asked him if he wants me to have have only these tablets..then we went back to the hotel.after the injection..as soon as we reached hotel..Manu started to try to make me eat something..and after a long speech and all he made me eat an apple..and the tablets. But within 15 minutes I vomitted the apple and tablets..so the rest of the night I went on eating something n vomitting it.

But all these things didnt stop us from exploring Manali. We decided to visit Rohtang Pass..where there will be snow round the year..and we were told that we can try ice skeing there..so we went to one of the many outlets on the streets..on the way to Rohtang pass. We rented out the skeing suits,boots, etc from there..and an instructor also came with us. Our driver took us to the highest point where he can take the car,from there we were asked to ride on a horse to reach the place. My hubby,the instructor and the Horse care taker made me sit on the horse,somehow..my horse was a huge one..white in colour..I really admired him,when we started our journey uphil.Only horses can climb up the hill I felt..we were given instruction how to bend down when we are climbing up and how to stay back firm when we are climbing down. But we couldnt reach Rohtang Pass,the Kashmir border,because the roads were closed beacause of the bad climate,it rained there in Manali too..and the roads were blocked because of land slides and heavy snow. But I strongly suggest that all of you guyz should visit Manali once in a life time..the scenic beauty is breath taking man..I could only whisper myself Masha Allah..Subhanallah..where else can be the paradise on earth..so green,so beautiful.so pure..so stunning...

And we reached the snow point after a tough 1 hour horse ride. The snow was dirty,because of the rain..we couldnt recognize it is snow actually..I was wondering why people are skeing in the mud :p. when we stepped in,then only I understood its snow.Though the I nstructor asked me to give it a try I was not that daring at that particular time. I was struggling to stand up even..and he was asking me to try skeing..at some point I was even breathless..and I didnt disappoint the snow point ..I vomitted there also :p. Our instructor was a good photographer too. he took some lovely snaps for us..he managed to get a piece of ice from somewhere..to pose..so that we can convince you guyz,it was actually snow..and we really visitted the snow point !

After many attempts, hubby succeeded in skeing..and I was worried about the photographs which I managed to took..I have to make him and the others convince that he was actually skeing..and that was a tough task indeed,as I am  very bad in photography.I was feeling very hungry after 4 days...and there were shops which served hot maggie..we ordered hot maggies and ate..it tasted really good..to have hot maggie in such freezing weather..wow..it was superb. We spent almost 3 hours there..then we went back to the place where our car was parked. My horse was doing a great job..my admiration for horses was increasing day by day. We got in to the car..and drove back..to hotel..in between we stopped the car..to see the apple trees..and hubby took some snaps as well. By the time we reached back hotel,I was again weak and shivering..so again we went to the hospital..to ask the doctor whether I should need a saline injection..as I was not able to eat anything.But the doctor said,it will take almost 8 hours and they will have to admit me there..we have to start our journey next day early morning to Chandigarh..so we came back..with the same medicines. Next day morning..to Chandigarh..we had to climb down the whole Himachal Pradesh..to reach Punjab. The drive,to be honest was terrific..may be because I was very weak...otherwise I could have enjoyed the trip. Our driver ,who was with us thorughout the trip,Ashok dropped us at Chandigarh airport. Chandigarh is a very nice,clean,well maintained city,I must say. We waited for our flight to Mumbai..now 3 days more in Mumbai..then again back to Dubai..really wished those 3 days never come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment