Monday, August 8, 2011

Shimlaaaa !!!

We started around 6.30 in the morning..it was raining on all our way to Shimla from Delhi.The road to Shimla was so beautiful..I was having a bad cold and throat infection though..I really enjoyed the journey. We noticed a cable car service, when we were about 70 km's away from Shimla.So we got down there and had a cable car trip..it was awesome..the view was spectacular..there was a hotel located atop..and this cable car service was actually for the hotel guests..but they said we can also pay them and have a trip..so we went to the hotel compound..had a hot coffee,..which was really good coz of the chilling weather out there...Our hotel in Shimla was also situated on a hill..so car wont go till the hotel front..so we had to get down, and walk for about 20 minutes..actually we were climbing the steps..so I got so tired..with the walk,with the freezing weather after the rains..and my cold n bad throat. Somehow I managed to reach the hotel..and within half an hour..my body responded..I got a high temperature...had some tablets from the hotel itself..and took rest for the rest of the day..I was freezing...but the view from our hotel was superb..we had a sunset point in our hotel..and the sunset was superb! So I was saving all my energy to explore Shimla,next day.Next day,after our breakfast..we got out..we went to the highest peak of Shimla,which is about 11,500 feet above sea level..we had around 3 n half hours horse ride,as only horse can take us there..especially the road was muddy after the rains..my admiration to horse grew much more after that ride!My horse's name was Chunilal, we got another couple for company there..so we were four..so when we were climbing our way,Chunilal stopped in between..and my hubby,the other couple ,and the helper guy went in front..and Chunilal didnt move a bit..I was in a dilemma..I told him.'dekho Chunilal..wo log sab nikal gaya..sirf hum bacha hain..thumhe koi bhi problem ho..wo mere saath math dikhavo.." maybe he understood...he started to climb up the hill..with me..then he was on a race..he always wanted to reach in front..so in short..I was in trouble..all the time with Chunilal..when we reached the highest peak..Chunilal was not letting me to get down even !! We had to climb up 750 steps from there to reach the highest peak point..it was tiresome..but it was all worth the pain!

On our way to the highest peak- Kufri, we stopped in between to see the scenic beauty of Shimla valley..with devtharu trees all around..it was so green..and during winter season..thats from November to February it all will be seen as white..with the snow on top of all the trees...so we should visit Shimla and Manali during winter to see the other face.There was a group of locals..who will provide us the traditional attire..and we can take pictures wearing that traditional dress and ornaments..but the problem was that,they wanted to take the pics in their camera,and will print it and give us the copy..we said..who is using print outs this age..we dont need that..but can you take some snaps in our camera instead..but they agreed that they can take some snaps in our camera..but they need to take pictures in their camera and will leave the print outs at the hotel,by evening..and we agreed.Anyways it was nice to look like a local there..for some time :) and after seeing the photos many of my friends commented that we look good in that dress..should keep it :) .It rained in between..when we were on our way to the highest peak of Shimla..making the weather more awesome n freeezing..I wish if I could take a vedio of all those scenaries and post it here..so that you can get an idea how beautiful Shimla is !

No comments:

Post a Comment